Thursday, July 26, 2012

The best laid plans...should ALWAYS include a puppy

This week I found a sweet little craigslist treasure.  A coffee table! And by this week....I mean three weeks ago.  The girl apparently doesn't check her email too often and by the time we actually connected, I had completely forgotten what it looked like.  But apparently I had thought it worthy to email her about and for 10 bucks, I decided I should just go pick it up.

I don't have a complete "before" picture.  But here it is in pieces.  With some work this is going to be nice.


Step 1:  Painting the cheap metal black.  Black is cool, right?

 Then some sanding, because the wooden border was pretty beaten up. I also had an adventure today to this wonderful shop where I learned about chalk paint and wax which I had grand plans to work on today, more on that in another post.....


Buttttttttttttt.....these little guys came wandering into our yard!!!!.
 And I just had to stop and play.  :)   For a couple of hours....
Tomorrow I will commence with the chalk paint adventure and let you know how it goes.  From what I understand it will be INFINITELY easier than the latex/distressing debacle that was the dresser.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS