Sunday, June 2, 2013

Last minute orders...

My sweet friend Krystal texted me a pic one night asking if I could paint her something for a baby shower.  

Only problem: she needed it pronto.  Like in two days.  

Which normally I like to give myself 2 weeks on an order. 

 (Not because it takes that long but I like having the option of procrastinating for a solid week and a half. It's the college girl still in me, I guess.)

I was feeling super happy that night and immediately responded OF COURSE! We were at a Lumineers concert, and who can have any worries when surrounded by hipsters, right?

When I finally got to work, it became obvious all of the wood pieces I had were too small, just woodn't do.  (See what I did there?) 

So I used a canvas and think it's adorable.  This obviously is a recreate from someone else's design so I take no credit for the creativity, but sometimes it's fun just to do a project without the stress of "what will it look like" hanging over you.  

The texted picture:


The finished result:

2 comments:

  1. precious!! love the procrastination...some of us are very successful procrastination-ers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I need to order one for a display at our church.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS